Sunday, May 17, 2009

Civil Partnership Sampler


Two of my very best friends are finally tying the knot in July, so I decided to do this little sampler to commemorate their Civil Partnership. It was something of an experiment as I’ve never used silks or evenweave before this project and I have to say I loved using both! The silks are Kreinik Silk Mori Milkpaints; the doves are stitched in 723 (Light Wheat), the hearts and flower is in 114 (Medium Lenten Rose), the leaves are 414 (Medium Hemlock) and outlined in 434 (Medium Moss Green), the lettering and all other outlining are 515 (Dark Tidewater Blue). I did the border in 114, 414 and 515. The seed beads are in cream, pink and purple – I got them from John Lewis.

The fabric is a 30-count hand dyed evenweave I got in a grab bag from Polstitches; I believe the colour combination is called Friendship (pinks, blues and purples), so it’s perfectly suited to this sampler.

The design itself is from a book I’ve had for years – Cross Stitch Cards and Keepsakes by Jo Verso – and I added the border myself.

Now all I have to do is find a suitable frame for the sampler and it will be ready to give to my friends as a gift on their very special day!

1 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful. they will love it

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger