Friday, August 7, 2009

Wedding Favours


Project: Micro-biscornu Wedding Favours
Materials:
16-count Antique White Aida; Anchor 101 (purple) floss; purple ribbon from John Lewis
Design:
Original design by Kell Smurthwaite ©

These tiny biscornu-style favours are for my best friend's wedding in September. Each face measures 1" square, so they were really fiddly to put together and I could only do a maximum of three or four each night before my fingers seized up! As I had 25 of them to make, it was time for stiff fingers all week long! Still, I think the end result is worth it.

I designed the logos of a motif of hearts and included the initials of the bride and groom, and the date of the wedding. The purple colour of the stitching matches the bridesmaid dresses and the fabric is antique white to compliment the bride's gown.

3 comments:

wendy said...

great job! wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. My buddy saw my teeny-tiny scissors fob and loved it, so I suggested something similar in her wedding colours for favours. She jumped on the idea and OK'd the design, so I hope she'll like the finished products when she picks them up later this week! :)

Margie said...

These are absolutely beautiful!!! You did an amazing job on them! I'm sure your friend is going to just LOVE them! :~)

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger