Friday, November 13, 2009

Winter Assissi Bookmark



Project:
Winter Assissi Bookmark
Designer: Rhuann Designs
Materials: white 18-count Aida; Red Heart floss (185, 187, 189), white sticky-backed felt

I stitched this as an additional gift for a winter-themed book swap. It didn't take very long and the design was an absolute joy to stitch. When it was all stitched, I added a tassel made with the same flosses I'd used for stitching, fringed the edges and fniished it with sticky-backed white felt on the reverse so it would look nice and neat.

It's part of a series of four seasonal bookmark designs which are available as freebies at Rhuann Designs and I think I'd love to stitch all four together as a seasonal sampler at some point in the near future, as I think they'd look gorgeous all together.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ The Craft House said...

Very cute! I love the snowflakes! :)

Kell said...

I actualy made a tiny booboo on the centre snowflake, but I don't think anyone noticed - just me!

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger