Thursday, January 14, 2010

Biscornu

Design: From 2010 Pattern-a-Day Cross Stitch Calendar (3rd December)
Materials: 18-count ecru Aida; Madeira silks 0801 12, 1003 13, 1803 12; white ribbon; snowflake buttons; Minicraft supersoft toy filling

My first biscornu of the year for my Basket of Biscornu challenge. I used only the central part of the design from my Pattern-a-Day Cross Stitch Calendar for 3rd December and chose to stitch it in Madeira silks in soft pastel shades of blue, lilac and silvery grey. On the reverse, I left one quarter of the central design unstitched and instead stitched:

Kell
January
2010

I plan to stitch my name, the month and the year on each of my twelve biscornu.

The zig-zag border on both the front and reverse are stitched in two strands, but the rest of the design and the texgt is all stitched in a single strand.


3 comments:

Maddy*Moo said...

Lovely piece! Where did you get the calendar from? I am hoping to stitch 12 ornaments this year but have yet to get started i'm afraid. Good initiative with your first biscornu you have inspired me to get my butt into gear! lol

Kell said...

My hubby got me the calendar for Xmas, but you can get it from Amazon for £10.99 (oops - I just checked and it's out of stock - sorry!). It has over 200 little designs and many of them are absolutely gorgeous. Of course, some of them aren't to my taste, but that's always the way.

Linda said...

Love that

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger