Thursday, January 21, 2010

Winter Themed ATC

Design: From World of Cross Stitching Magazine by Ursula Michael
Materials:
White 14-count perforated paper; DMC Blanc, 107, 597 and 4220; silver beads (from a broken necklace); white snowflake button; silver snowflake charm; white and turquoise cardboard snowflake button

I’ve never stitched an ATC before, so I was rather excited when The Cross Stitch Forum decided on a winter-themed ATC swap. I quickly settled on using perforated paper for this project and chose a small design from World of Cross Stitching Magazine (from just before Christmas). After stitching the design, I chose to add various buttons, charms and beads to personalise it a little more. Then I stitched the details onto another piece of perforated paper to affix to the reverse and slid a piece of ice-blue coloured card in between them to “plug” the holes. I opted to blanket stitch the two pieces together et voila!



0 comments:

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger