Saturday, February 13, 2010

Starburst Blackwork Biscornu



Design: Starburst Blackwork Biscornu by Kell Smurthwaite, Kincavel Krosses
Materials: 18-count ecru Aida; Red Heart 187 floss; white ribbon with turquoise stars; ssilver Celtic beads; Minicraft supersoft toy filling

My second biscornu of the year is a pattern which I designed myself. Because the design on the front is very intricate, I left the reverse almost completely blank with only a star motif in the centre and at each corner, and the details of my name, the month and the year. The silver beads were taken from a necklace I had which broke. They were so pretty I had to save them and I thought the silver went well with the turquoise of the stitching.

The border on both the front and reverse are stitched in two strands, but the rest of the design and the text is all stitched in a single strand.




0 comments:

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger