Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Two Bookmarks

Design: Freebie kit from Cross Stitch Crazy Magazine issue 136
Materials: Kit from magazine; blue self-adhesive felt

I changed the lettering on part of the chart to read “Grom” instead of “Mum” (the word was also originally in chunkier lettering which I wasn’t very keen on anyway) and left out the random stitches that were scattered across the bookmark as I preferred how it looked without. When it was all stitched, I backed the bookmark with blue self-adhesive felt. This is a Mothers’ Day gift for my Grom.


Design: Freebie from Mia Stitch
Materials: white 14-count perforated paper; DMC 92 variegated floss (green); green self-adhesive felt

The original design is the outer edge only, so I filled in the centre with two very simple inner borders of stitching that would not detract from the outer design. I then backed the bookmark with green self-adhesive felt and carefully cut around the design one hole out from the stitching so that the bookmark would have an irregular edge, making a nice change from the usual rectangular shape. This is a Mothers’ Day gift for my Mam.

0 comments:

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger