Saturday, September 19, 2009

Jingle Cube

Overview of cube panels before stuffing and stitching together

Project: Jingle Cube
Design:
Original design by Kell Smurthwaite ©
Materials:Antique white 16-count Aida; Trebla 48 floss (dark red variegated); stuffing; bells

A while back, one of my buddies from the local Mums and Babies meet-up group I started saw the jingle cube I’d made for Xander and commented that she loved it. So, seeing as how her little boy, Sonny, is only a few weeks younger than Xander (and they seem to play so nicely together – well, usually!), I thought I’d make one for his forthcoming first birthday.

I’ve grown a little more confident since I made Xander’s cube so this one looks a little fancier – I stitched the lettering in cross stitch, but edged each cube with a border of herringbone stitch, then running stitch, then popped a fan of lazy daisy stitches in each corner – and I’m quite proud of how it turned out!

It’s stuffed with regular soft toy stuffing, has a couple of bells added to make it jingle and is whip-stitched together, so it was quite a simple make, but one that was fun to stitch. I hope Sonny will like his new toy!

Various angles of finished cube


0 comments:

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger