Tuesday, September 1, 2009



Project: Love and Luck Wedding Sampler
Started: 29.04.09
Finished: 01.09.09

Design: Love and Luck Wedding Sampler by The Historical Sampler Company (from Cross Stitcher Magazine May 2009)
Materials: Pale lilac 16-count Aida; Anchor flosses; cream pearl seed beads

This project has taken me quite a while to complete as I kept going off the design and then it grew on me again later on and I'd come back to it. This time, as a result of resolving to finish it during UFO week, I really put the pressure on and added the final seed bead tonight (just as well, really, as the wedding is this weekend!). It won't be framed in time for the wedding, but it most certainly will be by the time the happy couple return from their honeymoon.

I changed the original design a tiny bit by replacing the top and bottom edges of the horse shoe border with a quote from the Apache Wedding Prayer, which I will be reading at the wedding, just to make it a little more personal. It reads "Now you are two people with only one life before you."

0 comments:

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger