Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Assissi Birthday Card

Design: from Flower Power by Maria Diaz
Materials: white 14-count perforated paper; various Red Heart and freebie flosses; decorative paper; metallic card; card flower

My friend, Slav’ka, is a big fan of cross stitched items, so I decided to surprise her with a cross stitched birthday card. The design is part of a larger, nine-block Assisi design which was in a booklet that came free on Cross Stitcher Magazine a while back and I had been dying to try it out, so I selected four of the blocks and stitched them on perforated paper using various flosses I had to hand. The pink metallic card showed through the holes on the design, so I backed it with some pale blue decorative paper, leaving a small overlap, and then finished the card by adding a pale pink glittery card flower which was a similar shape to the stitched ones.

0 comments:

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger