Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mothers’ Day card for my Mam




Design: Matka Boska (monochromatic) by xhaftx (free design)
Materials: Brown 14-count perforated paper; Anchor 1302 (variegated); DMC 3770; brown marbled card

The original design has a halo above the heads (I suspect it’s actually meant as a Christmas card), but as my mother is one of the least religious people I know, I omitted them from the design, leaving just the mother and child. I loved the effect of the creamy tones in the variegated floss for the figures – it kept them from being more static, as I suspect they may have been if stitched in monochrome (although, I have actually seen it stitched beautifully in blue).

Rather than just affix the stitched paper to a pre-made card, I thought I’d try something a little different. I stitched a message for inside the card on another piece of perforated paper and backed them both with a thin marble-effect brown card which toned beautifully. Then I blanket-stitched the left-hand edges of the perforated paper together to make the card and hey presto!

I’m quite pleased with how it turned out and I hope my Mam will like it too.

0 comments:

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger