Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Biscornu for April



Design:
Lilac Time by Elizabeth Almond of Blackwork Journey (freebie design)
Materials: 25-count evenweave from Polstitches grab bag (possibly Rhubarb and Custard); DMC threads, deep red buttons; deep red ribbon; soft toy stuffing

I had planned on stitching this biscornu design in the original purples, but when I chose my fabric, which had shades of pink and yellow through it, the raspberry tones looked better and I changed my plans. The design is stitched two over one.

I had spotted an unusual 6-faced biscornu at the Stitch Creations blog and resolved to try one myself. It turned out to be very simple to do – as long as you have an even number of stitches for your back-stitch border you can do this easily as the four smaller pieces have to be exactly half the height and width of the larger ones. You then stitch each of the small faces onto a large face with the point of the small face at the centre of the large one. Then you attach the second large face and you’re done.

The design for the small faces is one I stitched off the top of my head in keeping with the design of the larger faces and one of them has “Kell, April 2010″ stitched on it instead of the pattern.

0 comments:

 
It's Been Stitched - Templates Novo Blogger